This year is the most exciting year to get involved in Radio for the Under 18’s (10-13 and 14-18 groups).
This summer the people that bring you Christmas FM each year are launching the first ever Irish Radio Station operated for and by Under 18’s.
This is your chance to get involved. We will train you in all aspects of the modern radio station.
This course is a one-week intensive course offering a comprehensive introduction to Radio. Our introductory course is designed for students with little or no experience in Radio. It is a hands-on, practical course that fully immerses students in the modern Radio Station and ends in the students running their own Summer Radio Station.
Attend one of our summer camps:
14-18 year olds : July Mon. 9th to Fri. 13th SOLD OUT
14-18 year olds: August Mon. 13th to Fri. 17th
10-13 year olds: August 20 to 24th
Course Fee: €249 – 5 days (10am – 4pm)
Even if you have never presented a programme before you’ll find the course fun and informative and full of hands on experience. (places on each course are limited to 12 people to ensure everyone gets plenty of hands on experience). The Radio Station is recorded, during the summer camp, for air the following week at energyradio.ie
Course Aims & Learning Outcomes
These courses aim to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to produce a radio programme and other radio broadcast items to a standard suitable for a range of broadcast services.
Objectives of the Dublin Radio Training Programme:
- To provide a general introduction to the area of radio broadcasting
- To develop creativity and competencies in production and presentation for radio.
- How to engage with the process, craft and technology of radio broadcasting.
- To develop initiative and confidence when working independently and with others.
- To enable the learner to take responsibility for his/her own learning.
- Research and select appropriate programme materials.
- Operate all studio and broadcast equipment effectively to a professional standard.
- Understand and contribute to Music Scheduling of Radio Station
- Design programme structure with appropriate scripts and running orders.
- Produce and Present a radio programme taking account of all technical techniques, e.g., microphone use, digital editing and formatting, ensuring broadcast quality.
- Produce and Present a News, Entertainment or Sport programme.
- Evaluate personal creative and innovative contributions to radio programme production.
- Produce 5 minute demo that can be used to apply to radio stations
How do I book and can I pay in installments?
You can book here by clicking the ‘Add to Cart’ link above. You simply choose your dates or if you wish you can pay a deposit and pay the balance in installments (if applicable / balance should be paid in full by the course date).
What will I learn?
You will learn how to do the following and more:
Record, edit and produce audio for radio
Develop and use radio presentation skills
Develop and use radio news research skills
Develop and use radio production assistant skills
Where does the course take place?
In our studio and training facilities in Ballsbridge. The course uses industry standard hardware and software and was developed in conjunction with the hugely successful Christmas FM.
Who are the tutors?
Your tutors on the radio course have decades of industry experience and are qualified to teach our accredited training course.
What other skills will I gain?
Build confidence and self esteem.
Improved speaking and listening skills.
Learn to write creative scripts and copy.
Conduct research into a range of topics.
Work as a team.
Understand the value of communication.
The Christmas FM Dublin radio training course is held at our studios at The Ballsbridge Hotel, Pembroke Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. (DART: Lansdowne Road; DUBLIN BUS: 4, 7, 8 and 18; CAR PARKING: Paid car parking on-site).
How to book:
Just choose your date on the ‘Add to Cart’ link to book, places are limited to 12 people only, so book your place now.
payment is for the course dates booked, and is non transferrable.