Christmas FM Dublin Radio Training Course
It certainly gave a huge insight into the workings of radio and Christmas FM in particular.
I found the course really informative. I now feel so much more confident with both the editing software and the desk in the studio.
Adrian did a really good job in keeping it all together. The highlight for me was getting to practice in the studio, which was great.
It was a really enjoyable course, and for someone who has always had a little itch for radio presenting it certainly served me well.
One of the most challenging rewarding things I did last year. Although it was daunting and nerve wrecking at times I enjoyed every second and caught the bug.
Christmas FM Radio Training – October 14/15th
Next Course: Sat. and Sun. October 14/15th
Out of stock
Would you like to learn about radio?
Would you like to know how radio shows work?
Would you like to get involved in radio?
Would you like the opportunity to get involved in Christmas FM?
Every year, we look to train new and existing talent to expand our volunteer team. These are professional Radio Training courses taught by experienced lecturers and broadcasters and are held in Ballsbridge, Dublin. No experience is necessary but you must have a love for radio, and the process of creating radio programmes. You will be provided with a demo for use for applying to Christmas FM for 2017 or other stations in Ireland. This is a great opportunity to get to learn the basics of radio and to start yourself off or either a hobby or a career in the radio sector.
Hear from your tutor, Adrian Nolan …
You will learn about:
- Radio landscape and formats
- Digital editing & scripting for radio
- Become proficient in the use of a radio studio
- Produce a 15 min individual music driven radio show, and edit same to a 5 minute demo.
Course Aims & Learning Outcomes
These courses aim to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to produce a radio programme and other radio broadcast items to a standard suitable for a range of broadcast services.
Objectives of the Dublin Radio Training Programme:
- To provide a general introduction to the area of radio broadcasting
- To develop creativity and competencies in production and presentation for radio.
- How to engage with the process, craft and technology of radio broadcasting.
- To develop initiative and confidence when working independently and with others.
- To enable the learner to take responsibility for his/her own learning.
- Research and select appropriate programme materials.
- Operate all studio and broadcast equipment effectively to a professional standard.
- Design programme structure with appropriate scripts and running orders.
- Produce a full 15 minute radio programme taking account of all technical techniques, e.g., microphone use, digital editing and formatting, ensuring broadcast quality.
- Evaluate personal creative and innovative contributions to radio programme production.
- Produce 5 minute demo that can be used to apply to radio stations
- A certificate of course completion from Christmas FM.
Dublin Radio Training Course Dates:
Our previous dates sold out very quickly. Here are the dates for the next weekend.
Sat. and Sun. October 14/15th, 2017
Courses take place 9am to 5pm each day.
The Christmas FM Dublin radio training course is held at our studios at The Ballsbridge Hotel, Pembroke Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. (DART: Lansdowne Road; DUBLIN BUS: 4, 7, 8 and 18; CAR PARKING: Paid car parking on-site).
How to book:
Our Christmas FM Dublin Radio Training course is €195 for the full weekend. Just click on the ‘Book A Place’ link to book, places are limited to 12 people only, so book your place now.
payment is for this course, and is non transferrable.